Wine from McLaren Vale
Enjoy Renowned Local Wine from McLaren Vale At Home for Less
The traditional home of and owned by the Kaurna people, this beautiful area in South Australia is not far from Adelaide. It is an internationally recognised wine region, well-respected for quality wines, particularly its dry red wine produced from shiraz and grenache varieties.
Ideal for relaxing breaks, whether walking or beach, with appealing accommodation and lots to do. However, should you not get there anytime soon, you can still enjoy the best of wine from McLaren Vale at home.
What You Should Know About Wine from McLaren Vale
The McLaren wine area's vineyards are perfect for several well-loved varieties and blends straddling red, white, rose, and sparkling. With the state's diverse temperatures, altitudes, landscapes and soil types allowing a wide variety of grapes to thrive, South Australia's vineyards yield over half of all wine produced in Australia.
What makes Australia and McLaren Vale wines special includes us being:
• The Mediterranean' down-under: The wine industry in Adelaide and its surrounds, including McLaren Vale, is long-established and esteemed. The dry, hot environment is suitable for shiraz, chardonnay, riesling and other single 'Mediterranean' varietals such as mourvèdre and grenache. Near perfect conditions produce excellent wines, and the area's vintages are world-renowned.
• A new world from an ancient vine: Although Australia has no native grape varieties, vines imported and introduced in the 1700s have grown into a significant export from some of the world's oldest continuously producing vineyards. Australian wines are among 'new world' wines, with those produced for centuries in Europe and the Meditteranean known as 'old-world'. Although wine-producing traditions and what the French call 'terroir' – the wine's difficult to define 'sense of place', can vary, these wines mainly differ in terms of taste, body, and acidity, primarily due to differences in climate and conditions.
• One of the best in the world: Australia is the world's seventh-largest wine producer, in the top 15 in terms of vineyard area and distribution of varieties, and with one of the highest overall global ratings (sixth overall). In addition, wine is our favourite alcoholic beverage (yes – it's more popular than beer), with 43% of adults enjoying wine at least once a month. As a result, we are also seventh globally in terms of loving our wine, with 33.5 bottles consumer per capita per year.
• A world in one valley: Adelaide has recently been named one of nine global wine capitals along with France's Bordeaux, Spain's Bilbao Rioja and the Napa Valley in the USA. With South Australia's 18 wine-producing areas – a third of the country's wine locations - producing half of all the country's wine and seven out of ten of the world's most desired varieties, we are a microcosm of the universe of wine – the sun, moon and stars.
Indeed, the love of wine is universal, as much a treasured part of life now as during its humble beginnings in ancient Persia, thousands of years ago. As the Italian astronomer Galileo Galilei so charmingly observed, so long ago, 'Wine is sunlight, held together by water.' We wholeheartedly agree and hope to add some of our sunshine to your day soon.
What Sets McLaren Vale Cellars Apart When You Purchase Wine Online
We know wine. With over ten years of doing business online, we know what works. We also know how important your wine is to you, along with an equally premium online experience and customer service. So you'll keep on choosing us for your orders because we offer:
• A wide and delectable variety: Choose from red, white, rose or sparkling. McLaren wines include cabernet sauvignon, shiraz, merlot, pinot grigio, sauvignon blanc, chardonnay, petit verdot, moscato, grenache, or verdelho. The 13 vineyards we represent include Curtis Family, J&J, Neverland, Leconfield, Martins, Sabella, Doc Adams, Durbridge & Co, Nut House Wine Co, The Winery Door, Hidden Valley, Haselgrove, and 5th Realm. We also stock hand-crafted Goodieson beers from the region for those who enjoy a pint – pale ale, stout, pilsner and wheat beer.
• Great prices and irresistible deals: We offer daily wine deals, offering your favourites in sixes or dozens. Choose from reds – merlot, shiraz, cabernet sauvignon, and whites – sauvignon blanc, sparkling blanc de blanc, chardonnay, or moscato and many more. Choose by variety, vineyard, mixed or let us surprise you with a mystery selection. Our deals will also surprise and delight you, with 50 to 82 percent discounts off the total price.
• Our % Happiness Guarantee: Free Returns Policy! If you don't love a product you've recently purchased from us, just send us a message and we'll trade your purchase for a product of your choice for the same value as originally purchase, or provide you with a refund. For more information, read our returns policy here.
• Convenience: Once you've placed your order of McLaren Vale wines online, you can expect free delivery to your dining table countrywide within three to five business days. For your peace of mind, you can track your order electronically. In addition, if there's anything you're not happy with, please let us know within seven days for a refund or exchange. Finally, what could be more convenient than a gift voucher for a loved one, both for the giver and the receiver? Our gift vouchers cater to everyone, from AUS$10 to AUS$3 600.
• Your online sommelier: Click on any of our deals or products when you buy wine online, and you'll find everything you need to know about that variety or blend. Impress your friends with your knowledge and insight, including flavour, body, notes, acidity, and cellar-life.
• Proudly local: We grew up around grapes, wine and winemaking, and we genuinely feel part of this region, its exquisite landscapes and its remarkable produce. By enjoying our local wine and supporting Australian winemakers, you add to the regional and national economy and help to provide over 163 000 jobs.
Remember, it's more important to pair wine with the sauce than the meat when hosting your dinner party. Make sure your wine is sweeter and more acidic than the food, with similar flavour intensity. Pair your McLaren Vale red wine with stronger tasting dishes such as grilled meats, game and stews, vegetables, even hamburgers. Pair your McLaren Vale white wine with tangy, herbal, cheesy or creamy dishes, fish and seafood, green vegetables, poultry, pork and toasty, nutty or smokey flavours.
About McLaren Vale Cellars
We are passionate about wine. We were born and raised among the vineyards and vintages thanks to our parents and grandparents. Eventually, this love translated in 2010 into our online store, and we still revel in every moment.
We want to stay in touch, so please subscribe to our newsletter to hear about our latest launches, special offers and news. Follow our blog for exciting information, insight and opinion.
Now, more than ever, is the time to 'eat, drink and be merry'. So order wine online today or contact us to find out more.