McLaren Vale Grenache
About McLaren Vale Grenache
We harvest the Grenache ancient vine in late April on over 400 hectares of vineyards in the region. As it ripens late, the Grenache vine thrives in the hot, dry conditions of the area. Naturally, these conditions boost the alcohol level of the wines produced. The McLaren Vale Grenache indeed lives up to its internationally renowned status.
The internationally distinguished wine is a superb table wine and can be paired perfectly with almost any meal. Grenache from McLaren Vale is ideally served at 12oC – 15oC, which should be just right to enhance the freshness and quenching qualities without upsetting aroma and flavour.
McLaren Vale Serving Suggestions
Grenache is a perfect pairing with spiced and herby meals, including roasted meats, vegetables, and ethnic foods.
• A winter warmer meal such as Asian slow-braised beef and vegetables is perfectly complimented with your glass of Grenache.
• Eggplant, tomato and pine nut veggie roast with some zesty za'atar is a lovely companion to Grenache.
• It also pairs well with grilled or smoked fatty fish such as tuna, trout and salmon with some red cabbage, guacamole and hot sauce.
Due to its unmistakable spicy berry and cinnamon flavour, and subtle pepper spice notes, Grenache from McLaren Vale would be an excellent companion for cheeses. So don’t hesitate to stock up on your Grenache for your next fancy cheese and wine event!
The texture of the Grenache can range from elegant and silky to a bit more of a rustic expression depending on the soil and levels of ripeness. Grenache from McLaren Vale is misleadingly lighter in colour, is semi-transparent and has a medium-bodied taste due to its higher level of alcohol.
• The Curtis Limited Series McLaren Vale Grenache 2016 is characterised by a touch of cedar, soft acidity and generous red fruit flavours such as cherry and raspberry, cinnamon, and subtle pepper spice notes and will develop leather and toffee notes as it ages.
• Durbidge & Co Grenache 2018 is bright, vivacious and youthful with mixed brambles, fresh raspberries, a tantalising cove, tight acidity, and star anise spices with fine grainy tannins.
Why Not Stock Up Today?
McLaren Vale Cellars are proud suppliers and lovers of the lovely wines produced in McLaren Vale. Our confidence in our harvest is such that we offer you a 100% Happiness Guarantee and a free returns policy.
We were raised among the vineyards and wineries in McLaren Vale, and to this day, we live and breathe the life of a winemaker. You will find no better place than the McLaren Vale Cellars to acquire perfect wines with a touch of love and excitement included. We encourage you to browse our blogs if you want to learn more about us and our wines or stay updated on the latest harvest news.
Contact us today for the best choice, or choices, in Grenache from McLaren Vale.